MiLANT is an initiative to preserve fortifications built in and near Antwerp. They include, but are not limited to: forts, redoubts, military buildings, locks, coastal defense and barracks. Heritage seems to be a blind spot to a broad non-expert audience. Nevertheless it features several interesting topics if presented in an accessible way. This project includes
- offering information to an international non-expert audience
- documenting existing and non-existing sites of military heritage
- preserving military heritage and offer future perspectives
- 3D recreation or restoration of military structures
- a general platform linking different heritage associations
The project does not aim to be a full an complete reference to fortifications since such task is almost impossible to bolster. MiLANT does offer an overview of what is out there and pinpoints were you can find specific information. The 3D restoration feature of MiLANT is unique in the sense that it will be the first dedicated project that links state-of-the-art rendering and 3D engines with military heritage in Antwerp. Please check the about section if you need additional info.