Description – The fort of Burcht (II) was located on the left bank of the river Scheldt. It was named for the village of Burcht. This particular fort was constructed in 1584 by Spanish forces increasing the pressure on Antwerp during the siege. Forces of the city of Antwerp (Dutch Republic) constructed the redoubt of Melkhuis close to the fort one year earlier.
Construction & Armament – The fort was built using timber and earth works. It had a rectangular shape and featured bastions.
- ?x Cannon
Current condition – It is not known if any remains of the fort still exist.
Sources – Own elaboration; Gils, R.; Van Meirvenne, R.